Get your family and home ready for a tornado with the official Tornado App from the American Red Cross. The Tornado app puts everything you need to know prepare for a tornado – and all that comes with it – in the palm of your hand. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready.
- Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down. Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity.
- Audible siren that automatically goes off even if app is closed when NOAA issues a TORNADO WARNING helping to reduce the chance of sleeping through an actual warning.
- Push notification sent when a WARNING expires – especially important if power goes out while you or your family are in your safe room.
- Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Red Cross location-based open shelters map for when you need it most.
- Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
- Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge.
- Know how many tornadoes have occurred in your area.
- Know the difference between a warning and alert.
- Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages.
- Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email.
- Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s stobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions